Orientation nights will be held virtually on the follow evenings:
Monday January 16, 2023 – 19:00 hours
Sunday January 29, 2023 – 19:00 hours
Thursday February 16, 2023 – 19:00 hours
Attending an orientation is mandatory if you wish to apply, and each orientation session attendance will be taken at the end. Please RSVP by completing the google form below:
Please submit only ONE form per individual. You will then receive a confirmation, and be provided with login access prior to the orientation date you have selected. For more information, please email email@example.com
*Availability is based on first come first serve*
Interview dates will be on March 25 and/or 26, 2023
Upon being successful during the interview process you will be invited to participate in the New Recruit training which will consist of mandatory virtual, in-class and field training.
Operations members form the bulk of any OVERT deployment. Members of this division are the Emergency Response Volunteers (ERV’s) deployed during an emergency situation.
To become a volunteer with OVERT you must complete the following process:
1. Attend an orientation night – Dates will be posted and advertised in local media for the next recruiting drive.
2. After attending an orientation night, interested applicants will submit an application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please scan all into 1 pdf file. Please only include documents listed below in the application file. DO NOT send any certificates in this application file, you can bring them all to the interview, and they should be listed on your resumê already.
Application must include:
1) OVERT Questionnaire (Download Here)
2) Cover letter and resumê
3) Copy of Grade Twelve Certificate or equivalent
4) Copy of a Valid Drivers License (front and back)
5) Copy of a CPR/First Aid Certificate
3. Interview – Only those that are able to meet the OVERT requirements will be contacted for an interview. All interviews will be held over one weekend and dates will be given at the orientation sessions. When you attend your interview you shall provide the following:
Copy of your Birth Certificate or Passport
Copy of a CPR/First Aid Certificate (if not provided in the application package)
Certificates of any relevant courses and/or personal references
4. Following the interview – if you are successful, you will then be contacted by phone within 2 weeks and offered a position in the new recruit class.
5. In-class training – new recruit training is approximately 36 hrs long, and held over two weekends.
6. Field day – following the in-class training, new recruits are required to complete a minimum 12 hour day.
Minimum requirements for operation members are:
1. 20 Years of age or older
2. Grade 12 or equivalent education
3. Drivers license (G2 or higher)
4. Physically fit
5. Standard Level First Aid and CPR Level C
6. No criminal record
Board of Director positions are year appointment positions, elected by team membership at each AGM. Members of the Board of Directors jointly oversee the activities and business operations of the organization. Individuals interested in applying for a position on the Board of Directors are encouraged to contact Human Resources.